On November 10 the National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS) and DHS are offering a one-day virtual training sessions for Assessors on Best Practices for Anti-Terrorism Security (BPATS) Based Assessment Process for Commercial Facilities. The full-day course will be conducted from 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM EDT.
If you (or someone you know) are interested, please send an email to BPATSTool@nibs.org to register. Please register at least one week prior to the virtual training courses to reserve your spot.
The training will start with an overview of the Department of Homeland Security SAFETY Act and an introduction to the BPATS Assessment Process and Common Security Practices.
ASSESSOR COURSE AGENDA:
- 9:30-10:00 Sign-in to confirm access to BPATS Tool
- 10:00-10:30 Unit 1: Introduction and Course Overview
- 10:30-11:00 Unit 2: Introduction to the BPATS Based Assessment Tool
- 11:00-12:00 Unit 3: BPATS Based Assessment Process
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch Break
- 1:00-2:00 Unit 4: BPATS and Common Security Practices
- 2:00-3:30 Unit 5: BPATS Tool Practical Exercise (instructor led or independent study)
- 3:30-4:00 Open Book Exam
- 4:00-4:30 Course Wrap-Up
- To participate in the training, please have a desktop/laptop computer capable of connecting to an internet browser. We recommend a device with a keyboard for data entry.
- It is recommended to join between 9:30 AM and 9:55 AM to allow ample time to connect to the BPATS Online Tool prior to the start of the class.
- Participants are recommended to establish a BPATS Tool account prior to the training. To request an Assessor account, please go to: https://bpatsassessmenttool.nibs.org/accntreq-a.php.
- If you have any questions regarding the course or registration, please contact Terry Ryan at BPATSTool@nibs.org.