This Technical Paper provides U.S. Army policy for portable lighting requirements at airfields, heliports, helipads and other landing areas for contingency, training, and temporary use in a TO. It applies to all Army organizations responsible for operating Army airfield/heliports/helipads or employing portable lighting systems.
It is intended for:
- Army Acquisition Program Managers responsible for developing, testing, procuring and fielding portable airfield lighting systems;
- U.S. Army aviation units responsible for deploying portable airfield lighting systems and training personnel in the system’s use;
- construction contractors building and expanding airfields / heliports / helipads;
- other organizations responsible for airfield construction and;
- organizations responsible for maintenance and operations of airfields/heliports/helipads.