This training will cover technical, economic and other photovoltaic (PV) project considerations.
Technical topics that will be covered include cost-effectiveness, resilience, cybersecurity, and electrical considerations. In addition, other topics, such as compatibility with agency mission, site plans, coordination with the serving utility, the National Environmental Policy Act, and agency approval requirements.
Considerations specific to third-party owned/third-party financed PV projects will also be covered, as well as available resources and templates for project development. The training will also include a recap of the first session in the Energy Savings Performance Contracts Energy Sales Agreements (ESPC ESA) Webinar Series.
Below is a list of the all of the webinars in this series:
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Overview and Requirements;
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Photovoltaic Project Considerations;
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Site–Specific Stand–Alone Project Overview;
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: DOE ESPC ENABLE with an ESA; and
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: ESPC IDIQ Contract Vehicle Overview.
Chandra Shah, CEM, MBA, Senior Project Leader, National Renewable Energy Laboratory Read Bio
Chandra Shah is a senior project leader at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Chandra is the laboratory lead for the Federal Energy Management Program's (FEMP) distributed energy procurement program and has been supporting FEMP since 1998. She is a co–author of the ESPC ESA Toolkit.
Upon completion of this webinar learners will:
- Understand the benefits of PV projects;
- Learn how to determine if your PV project is cost-effective;
- Understand the key technical and other PV project development considerations to ensure a successful project; and
- Understand considerations specific to third-party owned PV projects.