This webinar will provide instructions and resources for financing distributed energy projects (e.g. on–site renewable energy, storage, and combined heat and power) using an energy savings performance contract (ESPC) energy sales agreement (ESA) through the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) indefinite–delivery, indefinite–quantity (IDIQ) energy savings performance contract (ESPC) vehicle. The DOE IDIQ ESPC contract vehicle uses a streamlined master contract that allows federal agencies to work with 21 energy service companies holding the current DOE IDIQ ESPC.
Topics that will be covered in the webinar include:
- An overview of the DOE IDIQ contract vehicle;
- ESA–specific considerations for IDIQ contracts; and
- Specific use cases.
The webinar will also provide an overview of the resources available on the Federal Energy Management Program website, such as IDIQ tools and templates. This webinar is the fifth in a series that provides information, best practices, and resources for implementing an ESPC ESA project. ESPC ESAs are a great option for federal sites that are motivated to reduce site costs, have no capital investment funding, and cannot use the U.S. Department of Defense 10 USC 2922a authority for long–term contracting.
Below is a list of all of the webinars in this series:
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Overview and Requirements;
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Photovoltaic Project Considerations;
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Site–Specific Stand–Alone Project Overview;
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: DOE ESPC ENABLE with an ESA; and
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: ESPC IDIQ Contract Vehicle Overview.
Phil Voss, B.S. Architectural Engineering, Senior Procurement Specialist, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) Read Bio
Phil is working with the Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) team as a federal energy procurement specialist at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Phil previously worked as senior project leader for the FEMP team, served as technical team leader for the U.S. Department of Energy's energy savings performance contract (ESPC) program, and represented NREL on the Federal ESPC Steering Committee.
Chandra Shah, CEM, MBA, Senior Project Leader, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) Read Bio
Chandra is a senior project leader at NREL. She is the laboratory lead for the Federal Energy Management Program's (FEMP) distributed energy procurement program and has been supporting FEMP since 1998. She is a co-author of the ESPC ESA Toolkit.
Upon completion of the webinar, attendees will:
- Understand the benefits of implementing an ESPC ESA using the DOE ESPC ENABLE contract vehicle;
- Be familiar with the process for developing an ESPC ESA using the DOE IDIQ ESPC contract vehicle;
- Understand the key contractual considerations to ensure a successful project; and
- Be familiar with available resources to help with a DOE IDIQ ESPC contract.
This webinar supports the following FBPTA learning objectives: