This training session will focus on the installation phase management of energy saving performance contracts (ESPCs) with an emphasis on completion of project design, construction activities, commissioning, and post-installation measurement and verification (M&V). There is a lot of emphasis on the development and award of an ESPC and not as much emphasis on effective management of the implementation phase. This session will have subject matter experts in managing the implementation phase of several performance contracts to discuss how certain challenges to the project were overcome during the implementation phase, and best practices to ensure successful project implementation.
Shawna Ramthun, Program Specialist, Energy Division, U.S. General Services Administration
Charlene Woods, Contract Specialist, DLA Energy
Jacob Vigil, Division Chief, DLA Energy
Michael Sandler, Program Manager, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
Nicole Bulgarino, Executive Vice President, Ameresco
Jody Wilkens, Vice President of Federal Contracting, Trane Technologies
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Identify ways to mitigate challenges during the project development stage;
- Recognize the best practices for managing the Implementation phase to ensure successful project performance;
- Recognize the importance of effective partnerships during the implementation phase;
- Identify the best way to both manage change during the implementation phase; and
- Mitigate its impact during the project development stage.