To meet the new goals set out in Executive Order 14057 agencies will need a comprehensive strategy that includes purchasing green grid services. This training session will explore federal acquisition options for green power supplies. Topics covered will include green tariffs, power purchase agreements, utility green pricing and other green power options. Agencies will not be able to meet new carbon free energy goals through onsite projects alone. This session will provide an overview of green power supply options and differentiate how offerings vary by power markets. Speakers will cover acquisition options as well as highlight current programs available from utilities and independent power producers.
Jeff Gingrich, Project Manager, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Tracy Niro, Program Manager, U.S. Department of Energy
Doug Gagne, MBA, Project Analyst, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Douglas Hartman, Director, Generation Services, FirstEnergy
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Identify Executive Order 14057 Carbon Pollution-Free Electricity (CFE) requirements and how they differ from past requirements;
- Identify what federal acquisition options the agencies have access to purchase CFE;
- Recognize how the existing grid mix impacts optimal energy procurement across a regional portfolio of sites;
- Identify the difference between vertically integrated utilities, competitive markets, and what different services each offer; and
- Identify how to leverage available resources to help agencies meet decarbonization goals.