With recent drivers for increased emerging technology in performance contracting through the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), Executive Order (EO) 14057, and the Presidential government-wide initiative for energy efficiency projects, this session will look at how agencies are incorporating emerging technologies into their performance contracts. Subject matter experts will share opportunities and strategies for including proven emerging technofixes. Resources such as the General Services Administration (GSA) Green Proving Ground (GPG) and the Department of Defense (DoD) Environmental Security Technology Certification Program (ESTCP) can provide a roadmap for potential solutions. Gain knowledge from successfully executed projects and learn about resources that are available today to better plan your projects with emerging technologies.
Michelle Rodriguez-Pico, Expert Federal Account Manager, Oklahoma Gas & Electric Co
Tim Tetreault, Energy and Water Program Manager, Department of Defense – Office of the Secretary of Defense
Tyler Harris, Deputy Director of GSA's Center for Emerging Building Technologies, General Services Administration
Andrea Kincaid, Contracting Officer Branch Chief, Resiliency, Renewables and ESPC, Defense Logistics Agency
John Myhre, MBA, Project Manager, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Receive an overview of GSA GPG and DOD ESTCP programs;
- Identify current and new technologies being evaluated in those programs;
- Identify available tools and resources for selecting proven emerging technologies;
- Recognize how agencies have successfully bundled emerging technologies into performance contracts;
- Review real case studies and examples of successful performance contracts that pushed the envelope on emerging technologies; and
- Recognize how energy service companies (ESCOs) are viewing and implementing emerging technologies in performance contracts from a survey review put on by U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP).