Energy and water conservation is a priority for federal facilities. Executive Order (EO) 14057 has added decarbonization as a demand on federal facility performance. This training session will explain details of how proper auditing can help address EO 14057's requirements. It will also look at real-life examples of how auditing has supported facilities as they address energy and water conservation as well as decarbonization.
Nael Nmair, Program Manager, Auditing, Operations and Maintenance, Re-tuning, DOE: Department of Energy - Federal Energy Management Program
Alicen Kandt, Senior Research Engineer, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Andy Coffin, Resource Efficiency Manager, Fort Devens, Sain Engineering
Alison Delgado, Research Scientist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Identify auditing techniques to find energy conservation measures (ECMs);
- Identify auditing techniques to find water conservation measures (WCMs);
- Identify techniques to find decarbonization measure;
- Recognize how to monetize savings from these measures; and
- Recognize how to build the financial case and communicate the need for implementing these measures.