This training session will provide attendees with an opportunity to learn about recent advances in wave generation Hydrokinetic technologies. Although wave energy has been around for hundreds of years, only recently have we utilized waves for power generation. It will examine the new capabilities in this arena, understanding the technological, cost, and legislative push for carbon-free energy, and will look at how other countries (UK) are deploying wave energy generation technology.
Matthew Haupt, Director, Navy Energy, DOD: Department of Defense - Navy
Scott Sklar, President, The Stella Group LTD
Timothy Petro, Director Research and Development, DOD: Department of Defense - Navy
Bruce Bauchmire, Director of Renewable Energy Services, DLZ Corporation
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Recognize the current technology development of wave/current energy generation;
- Identify some of the advantages of utilization of wave/current energy generation;
- Identify some of the disadvantages of wave/current energy generation;
- Identify who is developing this type of generation; and
- Identify the path forward and POC for people interested in knowing more about this technology.