Federal infrastructure projects have a long lifespan which is challenging especially in implementing resilient strategies to a multitude of natural hazards. Climate change is projected to impact the severity and frequency of many of those hazards. This session will review existing solutions and technologies that have proven successful against major climate hazards.
Angela Nocera, Vice President | National Market Lead - Army, Michael Baker International
Justin Reeder, National Roofing Program REM, Sain Engineering Associates, Inc.
Neil Tisdale, Utilities Director / IEM, Marine Corps - MCAS Beaufort
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Recognize the importance of collaboration to advance solutions, find successful financing, and achieve results in efficiency, resilience, and climate change;
- Identify practical solutions to implement;
- Recognize lessons learned from actual implementation of resilient strategies and their impact on infrastructure during a major climate hazard;
- Identify how installations make choices related to resilient project priorities; and
- Identify how resilient solutions implemented at the installation have a positive impact on the surrounding community.