Energy Exchange 2019
The initial successful steps for your energy and water management program are establishing a baseline and identifying opportunities for improvement. This session will compare the different audit approaches available, discuss best practice processes, and review audit methodologies. Energy audits are comprehensive evaluations of the actual performance of a facility’s energy—using systems and equipment—compared against the designed performance level or the industry best practice. The purpose of this course is to review the different types of energy audits; the overall auditing process—as well as auditing methodology, in order to successfully prepare and participate in the energy audit process.
Tom Lowery, PE, LEED AP, TNT Energy Consulting
Jason Vass, PE, Ameresco
Joshua New, Ph.D., C.E.M., PMP, CMVP, CSM, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Understand what an ASHRAE Level 2 audit is;
- Understand when it is appropriate to perform an investment grade audit;
- Define whether a virtual audit is possible and the value given the data and resources available;
- Understand the relative cost of each of the three audits; and
- Select the right level of audit for your requirements.