Energy Exchange 2019
Learn about the challenges of meeting the ASHRAE 90.1 2013, 30% or better energy reduction requirements in a cost effective manner and understand approaches to designing cost competitive designs.
Mark Halverson, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Brian Turner, PE CEM BEMP, Clark Nexsen
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Understand the relationship between the Federal standards and ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2013;
- Understand the history of 10 CFR 433;
- Understand the way the Performance Rating Method (PRM) in Standard 90.1-2013 works and how to take advantage of its default assumptions;
- Understand how to maximize the benefits of energy modeling at each stage of design;
- Understand common design challenges to achieving federal energy mandates and how to overcome them; and
- Understand the types of modeling tools available to support design and improve outcomes.