This session introduces ESTCP EW-201142 which focused on the development and demonstration of Energy Performance Monitoring and Optimization (EPMO) system that generates optimal control schedules by integrating various energy management tools with weather, sensor, and metering data. Project technical objectives and key technical components are introduced first. Then, the demonstrations in Buildings 7113 and 7114 at Naval Training Center, Great lakes, IL, which achieved greater than 40% building total electricity consumption savings, are presented with details, including site facts, sensor and meters, data acquisition system, selected results from real-time optimization through model-predictive control and energy diagnostics. Finally, issues and lessons learnt are discussed.
Zheng O'Neill , Texas A&M University
Upon completing this course, you will:
- Introduce EW-201142 Energy Performance Monitoring and Optimization System for DoD Campuses;
- Describe technology component;
- Introduce buildings of demonstration site;
- Explain demonstration results; and
- Summarize issues and lessons learnt