LEED®-DoD Antiterrorism Standards Tool
Analysis of LEED & Antiterrorism Issues & Strategies for New Construction & Existing Buildings
EQ CREDIT 1: CARBON DIOXIDE (CO2) MONITORING
Install a permanent carbon dioxide (CO2) monitoring system that provides feedback on space ventilation performance in a form that affords operational adjustments. Refer to the CO2 differential for all types of occupancy in accordance with ASHRAE 62-2001, Appendix D.
Related AT Standards & Recommendations
- AT Std 13: Mailrooms: Sealing
- AT Std 17: Mailroom Ventilation: Isolation Controls
- AT Std 18: Emergency Air Distribution Shutoff
- AT Rec 14: Asset Location
- AT Rec 15: Room Layout
Issues & Strategies
- Consider automating the building's emergency air distribution shutoff system to integrate carbon dioxide monitoring. Include carbon dioxide detection in mailroom isolation controls for detecting chemical, biological, or radiological agents.