The objectives of this guidebook are:
- Provide an introduction to commissioning approaches to a variety of professionals involved with the management, op-eration, and maintenance of Federal buildings.
- Illustrate case histories, including cautionary lessons learned.
- Provide guidance on commissioning best practices.
- Demonstrate how commissioning can help Federal facility managers meet energy efficiency goals and LEED certifica-tion requirements.
- Demonstrate how commissioning can be integrated in facil-ity management and O&M programs to make those programs more efficient and effective.
- Demonstrate how different types of commissioning (such as retrocommissioning and continuous commissioning) can be incorporated into a variety of building types and applications, above and beyond the most commonly understood commis-sioning approaches.