WBDG14 Building Commissioning Principles and Strategies
GBCI Hour: 1.5 CE
Category: Energy and Atmosphere
Building Commissioning is a rapidly growing A-E-C Project Management practice that is being embraced by public and private organizations because of its benefits in improved project delivery results. An overview of commissioning information, guidance, and resources is presented under three broad principles, including Determine Project Performance Requirements, Plan the Commissioning Process, and Document Compliance and Acceptance. All three principles are applied over the life-span of a capital design and construction project, and that it takes a multi-disciplined effort involving owners, design professionals, construction managers, and commissioning providers to achieve optimal results from the commissioning process.
This course will provide you with an introduction to the Building Commissioning process with a special focus on how to determine the performance requirements and plan the commissioning process. An overview of commissioning drivers, benefits, goals, and principles and general commissioning guides, standards, and resources is also included.
By completing this course you will learn and be able to:
- Understand at least 3 benefits of building commissioning.
- Describe the 3 overarching principles of commissioning.
- List at least 4 key commissioning activities in the planning process.
- Differentiate the needs of special building types in the commissioning process.
- Apply commissioning documentation practices and resources to specific systems and assemblies upon reviewing the recommendations.
- Incorporate a project's performance requirements into a commissioning plan.