This webinar covers Utility Energy Service Contracts (UESCs), which allow utilities to provide Federal agencies with comprehensive energy and water efficiency improvements and demand-reduction services. To enter into a UESC, federal staff, as well as utility representatives, must understand the legal parameters, contracting requirements, financing options, and other aspects of these agreements.
The Placing UESC Task Orders under the GSA Areawide Contract Webinar provides attendees with an overview of the contracting options and services available from their local utility companies to engineer, finance, and install cost effective energy- and water-savings projects. Participants will be walked through the typical project process, from the audit phase to commissioning the equipment. Highlights include introducing participants to UESCs and helping them determine if a UESC is right for their site.
After completing this webinar, participants will understand:
- Basics of the UESC project process;
- Key steps within each phase of a UESC;
- Basics of the GSA Areawide Contract;
- FAR Clauses relevant to UESCs with GSA Areawide;
- Key Contract Actions Step-by-Step;
- The FEMP resources—tools, templates, training, and expertise—available for developing a UESC.