This series covers UESCs as a contracting vehicle to fund and implement energy efficiency measures at Federal facilities, including:
- Evaluating your serving utilities' interest and capabilities in partnering with your agency and site to conduct energy and water efficiency projects, and forming the best team with appropriate skill sets to get a UESC underway;
- Answering common questions that might be raised concerning authority, procurement options, and funding options;
- Evaluating and selecting financing options, including tax credits, rebates and other incentives;
- Following best practices in contracting for major UESC stages including Preliminary Assessments, Feasibility Studies, Project Design and Implementation, Performance Assurance, Final Acceptance, Invoicing Approval and Payment Processing, and Project Closeout; and
- How to use FEMP/GSA templates and forms to streamline the contracting tasks associated with the development and implementation of a UESC.
To obtain a Series Certificate after completing the set of courses, print your transcript from the new WBDG continuing education system and submit your information from the FEMP Series Certificate Request Form. Upon submittal your information will be forwarded to a FEMP representative. Once the completion record is verified, you will receive your certificate via email.